“How do you stay so thin?” I overheard one woman ask another at the gym today.
The (skinny) woman shrugged. “I dunno,” she said. “I just…do.”
Well, she might not have been able to put her winning strategy into words…or maybe she had a secret she was not willing to divulge.
It might have been easier for the other woman to ask, “What things don’t you do so you can stay skinny?”
Here are the answers I imagine she’d give:
- Snack right out of the container/bag/box of chips/popcorn/cookies.
- Eat – and chew – quickly.
- Comfort yourself with food when you’re stressed.
- Skip breakfast.
- Swap your water with diet sodas, juices and energy drinks.
- Go to a party hungry.
- Eat while you’re driving/reading/watching TV…basically, whenever you’re distracted.
- Use big plates instead of smaller ones.
- Don’t stop eating before you’re full.
- If something is healthy, eat more of it.
In my next post, I’ll explain the reasons behind why these strategies won’t yield you a winning number on the scale.